What is going on in Baldock?
I come from Baldock, my family is still there, so I often visit with my two children, read The Comet and generally catch up with what is going on. Articles published recently about the village green application for land on Clothall Common have made me rea
I come from Baldock, my family is still there, so I often visit with my two children, read The Comet and generally catch up with what is going on. Articles published recently about the village green application for land on Clothall Common have made me realise how lucky I was growing up with green, open spaces. My own children cannot visit the green places I enjoyed - we would be inside someone's house.
What is happening to Baldock? From reading a resident's newsletter, I found the website www.clothallgreen.co.uk and was appalled to find not only the open green spaces I would like to revisit have gone, but so have dozens more.
Talk about asset stripping - Baldock has changed, and not for the better, and what have you got for all your lost space? Nothing I can see.
There is a point when development goes over the top causing negative things to begin to affect the lives of people who live there - when people stop caring - then follows littering, road and car parking problems, vandalism, graffiti and petty crime. I do not think Baldock is far away from that situation and it is time that everyone in Baldock stood up to say 'No' to more development - you should be protecting what you have left of the town before it is too late.
You may also want to watch:
T J JACKSON, Paddock Close, Clapham, Beds
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 5 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits
- 10 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park