Water way to charge customers
I would much appreciate through your letters column pointing out that there may be readers who are paying too much for their sewerage charges as billed by Three Valleys Water on behalf of Anglian Water and Thames Water There is on the reverse of Three Val
I would much appreciate through your letters column pointing out that there may be readers who are paying too much for their sewerage charges as billed by Three Valleys Water on behalf of Anglian Water and Thames Water
There is on the reverse of Three Valley Water bills under Important Information a heading Sewerage Services and Rebates. This gives the action to take to claim a rebate should householders believe their rainwater does not drain into the sewerage system. This particular information has only appeared on the bills since 2000; It was, coincidentally, the year I raised the issue of my circumstances of having soakaways for my water disposal. Surface and rainwater may also be disposed of in other ways such as into waterways.
This year a booklet sent with the bills also mentions rainwater disposal under Reducing Waste Water Charges. I urge any who believe they may be paying for surface water disposal that does not drain into the sewerage system to contact the Anglian Water or Thames Water on the numbers on the back of their bills under Sewerage Rebates.
I believe an explanation should be forthcoming from the relevant companies as to why the information on available rebates for non disposal of rainwater was not given prior to 2000. This at a time when, presumably, a charge was being made for rainwater disposal regardless as to whether or not it was being discharged into the sewerage system.
You may also want to watch:
IVAN MARTIN, The Limes, Hitchin
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory