The residents parking scheme for the Triangle area of Hitchin is vital. Available spaces are taken up from 6am onwards on weekdays by commuters unwilling to pay for the facilities at the station. In the past, it has been possible for residents and commut
The residents' parking scheme for the Triangle area of Hitchin is vital. Available spaces are taken up from 6am onwards on weekdays by commuters unwilling to pay for the facilities at the station.
In the past, it has been possible for residents and commuters unofficially to use space next to KwikFit or at B&Q. The owners of those premises have now made this impossible, removing a safety valve for the parking crisis.
The situation in Walsworth Road is dire. It will get worse and worse as every spare plot of land is crammed with as many flats as developers can squeeze in.
The yellow lines prevent residents from parking, leaving families with small children to trudge from afar anyway. Permits are a fair way of distributing space to the local community and have the full support of this household. Those complaining about the annual charge - which is insignificant - can always comfort themselves with the fact that resident parking schemes add several thousand pounds to house values as well.
You may also want to watch:
TOBY SHELLEY, Walsworth Road, Hitchin
- 1 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 2 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation