Villagers have little to complain about
SIR – Re licensing at the Bushel and Strike in Ashwell. This pub has been in the village for hundreds of years, yet now the locals are moaning because the landlord has applied for an extra hours licence (which, by the way, he says he will only use occa
SIR - Re licensing at the Bushel and Strike in Ashwell.
This pub has been in the village for hundreds of years, yet now the 'locals'' are moaning because the landlord has applied for an extra hours licence (which, by the way, he says he will only use occasionally).
Why oh why do people move into a village only to moan? The pub was there when they moved into their houses, and they must have known it would get noisy at certain times of the day, so WHY did they buy a house nearby?
Surely the answer would be NOT to move into a house near a pub? Oh, but then they would have to find something else to moan about wouldn't they?
- 1 Stevenage's Forster Country: 'Secret plans' for car park and toilet block
- 2 Stevenage doctor 'filled with pride' after taking home national award
- 3 Four vehicles crash on A602 near Stevenage
- 4 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 5 Residents report 30 ambulances queuing at Lister A&E
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train between Hatfield and Finsbury Park
- 7 Wednesday rail strike action to hit commuter lines in Herts and Essex
- 8 Man who exposed Jimmy Savile reveals work on another paedophile case
- 9 Woman's purse 'stolen' outside Stevenage Tesco
- 10 Beauty products worth 'thousands of pounds' stolen from Hitchin Sainsbury's