Villagers have little to complain about
SIR – Re licensing at the Bushel and Strike in Ashwell. This pub has been in the village for hundreds of years, yet now the locals are moaning because the landlord has applied for an extra hours licence (which, by the way, he says he will only use occa
SIR - Re licensing at the Bushel and Strike in Ashwell.
This pub has been in the village for hundreds of years, yet now the 'locals'' are moaning because the landlord has applied for an extra hours licence (which, by the way, he says he will only use occasionally).
Why oh why do people move into a village only to moan? The pub was there when they moved into their houses, and they must have known it would get noisy at certain times of the day, so WHY did they buy a house nearby?
Surely the answer would be NOT to move into a house near a pub? Oh, but then they would have to find something else to moan about wouldn't they?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 5 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 6 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images