Villagers have little to complain about
SIR – Re licensing at the Bushel and Strike in Ashwell. This pub has been in the village for hundreds of years, yet now the locals are moaning because the landlord has applied for an extra hours licence (which, by the way, he says he will only use occa
SIR - Re licensing at the Bushel and Strike in Ashwell.
This pub has been in the village for hundreds of years, yet now the 'locals'' are moaning because the landlord has applied for an extra hours licence (which, by the way, he says he will only use occasionally).
Why oh why do people move into a village only to moan? The pub was there when they moved into their houses, and they must have known it would get noisy at certain times of the day, so WHY did they buy a house nearby?
Surely the answer would be NOT to move into a house near a pub? Oh, but then they would have to find something else to moan about wouldn't they?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 4 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 5 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 6 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 7 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 8 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled