Views on indoor market
SIR - On the very rare times when we come to Stevenage to shop, we never miss going to the market. It is a warm, clean and welcoming environment with charming stallholders. I have never shopped there without finding exactly what I want. It is one of the
SIR - On the very rare times when we come to Stevenage to shop, we never miss going to the market. It is a warm, clean and welcoming environment with charming stallholders. I have never shopped there without finding exactly what I want. It is one of the best indoor markets I have been into in Britain and the continent.
It is like having a town within a town and Stevenage Council would be well advised to listen to the stallholders and the people who shop in there.
You may also want to watch:
Letchworth Garden City
SIR - Call time on the indoor market, it is not a market, a market is a place to purchase goods cheaper than the shops, but not our Stevenage market.
- 1 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 2 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 5 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 6 Letchworth hub will get to the 'heart of community'
- 7 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 8 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 9 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 10 Sacrifices made as Stevenage defiantly answer their critics at Harrogate Town
I picked out 160 items of goods from hair cuts to pins and needles, dresses and carpets, etc, you can buy all these goods cheaper in the shops. Market prices are the same or dearer.
Let's turn it back into a car park, we do not need this con in our town, just get rid of it. Close it down and charge for parking, which I agree with.
STEVENAGE OLD TIMER