Views on indoor market
SIR - On the very rare times when we come to Stevenage to shop, we never miss going to the market. It is a warm, clean and welcoming environment with charming stallholders. I have never shopped there without finding exactly what I want. It is one of the
SIR - On the very rare times when we come to Stevenage to shop, we never miss going to the market. It is a warm, clean and welcoming environment with charming stallholders. I have never shopped there without finding exactly what I want. It is one of the best indoor markets I have been into in Britain and the continent.
It is like having a town within a town and Stevenage Council would be well advised to listen to the stallholders and the people who shop in there.
You may also want to watch:
Letchworth Garden City
SIR - Call time on the indoor market, it is not a market, a market is a place to purchase goods cheaper than the shops, but not our Stevenage market.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
I picked out 160 items of goods from hair cuts to pins and needles, dresses and carpets, etc, you can buy all these goods cheaper in the shops. Market prices are the same or dearer.
Let's turn it back into a car park, we do not need this con in our town, just get rid of it. Close it down and charge for parking, which I agree with.
STEVENAGE OLD TIMER