Veil request was right
SIR – Straw wrong to make veil comment. What a nice advertisement for Mohamed Arshad Ahmedi s book. Clearly, Mr Ahmedi believes that as long as you do not say anything negative about Islam, it is freedom of speech! I do not think so. Also, while defendi
SIR - Straw 'wrong to make veil comment.' What a nice advertisement for Mohamed Arshad Ahmedi's book.
Clearly, Mr Ahmedi believes that as long as you do not say anything negative about Islam, it is freedom of speech! I do not think so. Also, while defending 'the woman's right to hide her face', he seems to have forgotten that it is not stated in the Koran that she should do so. Until men hide their faces too, Jack Straw has every right to make the request.
You may also want to watch:
Letchworth Garden City
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema