Veil request was right
SIR – Straw wrong to make veil comment. What a nice advertisement for Mohamed Arshad Ahmedi s book. Clearly, Mr Ahmedi believes that as long as you do not say anything negative about Islam, it is freedom of speech! I do not think so. Also, while defendi
SIR - Straw 'wrong to make veil comment.' What a nice advertisement for Mohamed Arshad Ahmedi's book.
Clearly, Mr Ahmedi believes that as long as you do not say anything negative about Islam, it is freedom of speech! I do not think so. Also, while defending 'the woman's right to hide her face', he seems to have forgotten that it is not stated in the Koran that she should do so. Until men hide their faces too, Jack Straw has every right to make the request.
You may also want to watch:
Letchworth Garden City
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy