Vandalism is such a sad blight
SIR - On Saturday afternoon I walked to my local shops, it was a pleasant afternoon for a change and I was in good spirits. I went there with the intention of purchasing some Lottery tickets, who knows...? In the public car park by the shops I looked at
SIR - On Saturday afternoon I walked to my local shops, it was a pleasant afternoon for a change and I was in good spirits.
I went there with the intention of purchasing some Lottery tickets, who knows...? In the public car park by the shops I looked at a minibus that is usually parked there. The driver parks it there, I would imagine, in a considerate manner, so as not to interfere with the parking where he lives, so nobody could complain about his intention there.
On the way to the shops I thought there was something unusual about the offside windows so out of curiosity on the way back I walked past the minibus. The minibus was fitted out for use by wheelchair users and was clearly marked as a school-bus type of vehicle. What I saw made me feel quite sick. From what I could see, two of the side windows had been broken and perhaps even worse that I could not see.
What I would like to say is, congratulations to the parents of the low-life that could have done such a thing and say you have done a tremendous job in bringing up a child who could do something like that. Perhaps parents should ask their dear children if they have had something to do with such incidents and take responsibility for this by no means isolated moronic action.
You may also want to watch:
Has our society really sunk so low that somebody could have got a kick out of doing something like this!
I sincerely hope that the driver was able to get the matter sorted out without too much inconvenience to himself or his passengers.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village
By the way, I did not win the Lottery so I guess I will have to hang around in this country to watch the soul of the nation be destroyed by inadequate government and devalued social principles.
A STEVENAGE RESIDENT