Uphill struggle to reach post office
SIR – I feel I must reply to the letter last week from Miss T Shead with regards to the Letchworth Post Office move. She must be one of the very few who want the move. I would like to ask her, does she have trouble walking? Is she in a wheelchair? At leas
SIR - I feel I must reply to the letter last week from Miss T Shead with regards to the Letchworth Post Office move.
She must be one of the very few who want the move. I would like to ask her, does she have trouble walking? Is she in a wheelchair?
At least the post office in The Broadway does cater for the elderly and has chairs to sit on. And the staff are there to help you.
You would not get that at the new post office as the shop will be too small.
About the bus stop. If she has lived in Letchworth she would know the nearest bus stop would be at the bottom of Birds Hill or by the railway bridge at Norton Way North.
If people got off the bus at The Arcade they have got to walk down Station Road then back up. If you have trouble walking it does take it out of you.
- 1 Emergency services called to medical episode at Stevenage Cineworld
- 2 Meet Izabela: The inspiring Stevenage baker with MS
- 3 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 4 Letchworth pond tested and fish removed after animals found dead
- 5 Council plea fails to stop Stevenage Charter Fair goldfish prizes
- 6 Multiple homes burgled in Letchworth
- 7 October 1 strikes: A complete guide to trains in Hertfordshire
- 8 Have your say on plans to redevelop The Forum in Stevenage
- 9 Felled weeping willow to be replaced in Hitchin churchyard
- 10 Stevenage Railway Station: Normal train service resumes after major repairs