Uphill struggle to reach post office
SIR – I feel I must reply to the letter last week from Miss T Shead with regards to the Letchworth Post Office move. She must be one of the very few who want the move. I would like to ask her, does she have trouble walking? Is she in a wheelchair? At leas
SIR - I feel I must reply to the letter last week from Miss T Shead with regards to the Letchworth Post Office move.
She must be one of the very few who want the move. I would like to ask her, does she have trouble walking? Is she in a wheelchair?
At least the post office in The Broadway does cater for the elderly and has chairs to sit on. And the staff are there to help you.
You would not get that at the new post office as the shop will be too small.
You may also want to watch:
About the bus stop. If she has lived in Letchworth she would know the nearest bus stop would be at the bottom of Birds Hill or by the railway bridge at Norton Way North.
If people got off the bus at The Arcade they have got to walk down Station Road then back up. If you have trouble walking it does take it out of you.
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 5 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits
- 10 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park