Town hall politics
I could not agree more with your comments on Baldock Town Hall. It was only a few years ago when hundreds of thousands of pounds of taxpayers money was spent replacing the roof, only for it to be done on the cheap, therefore leaking and forcing the ceili
I could not agree more with your comments on Baldock Town Hall.
It was only a few years ago when hundreds of thousands of pounds of taxpayers' money was spent replacing the roof, only for it to be done on the cheap, therefore leaking and forcing the ceiling to cave in. Who has been held accountable - no-one it seems!
If that was one of the council officers' own houses there would be hell to pay no doubt, but no, the council seems to have put it on the 'let's ignore this and just move on to the next thing' drawer.
Not only that, the council seems set on requesting tenders for people to take over the hall. Instead of just fixing it so the clubs that used to use it can get in there again, or even those that have an idea that the hall would be perfect to support. They have passed it to Pontius Pilate's office for a formal washing of hands.
You may also want to watch:
It appears the council would like it to be flats, or maybe a pub, or perhaps anything to get it off their to-do list.
They spent a fortune doing up the old solicitors' building half way up the High Street so they could put their offices in there. How much did that cost? What benefit is there to the town there?
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy
They are a disgrace.
ROB SCAHILL, Baldock resident