Town hall politics
I could not agree more with your comments on Baldock Town Hall. It was only a few years ago when hundreds of thousands of pounds of taxpayers money was spent replacing the roof, only for it to be done on the cheap, therefore leaking and forcing the ceili
I could not agree more with your comments on Baldock Town Hall.
It was only a few years ago when hundreds of thousands of pounds of taxpayers' money was spent replacing the roof, only for it to be done on the cheap, therefore leaking and forcing the ceiling to cave in. Who has been held accountable - no-one it seems!
If that was one of the council officers' own houses there would be hell to pay no doubt, but no, the council seems to have put it on the 'let's ignore this and just move on to the next thing' drawer.
Not only that, the council seems set on requesting tenders for people to take over the hall. Instead of just fixing it so the clubs that used to use it can get in there again, or even those that have an idea that the hall would be perfect to support. They have passed it to Pontius Pilate's office for a formal washing of hands.
You may also want to watch:
It appears the council would like it to be flats, or maybe a pub, or perhaps anything to get it off their to-do list.
They spent a fortune doing up the old solicitors' building half way up the High Street so they could put their offices in there. How much did that cost? What benefit is there to the town there?
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
They are a disgrace.
ROB SCAHILL, Baldock resident