Time for a coffee break
THERE was time to stop off for a cuppa when Macmillan volunteers travelled through Comet country to stir up some support and awareness for their next fundraising event.
The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning is on Friday, September 24 and the volunteers want to get everyone involved.
One of the places they visited was Standalone Farm Centre in Letchworth GC where they were greeted by manager Andrew Milich who let them take a gander round.
They fed some very alive goats and posed with a cow which was not all it seemed.
This year, ‘The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning’ is 20 years old and to celebrate, cancer charity Macmillan wants to make the event bigger and better than ever.
The aim of fundraising is to help make a huge difference to people affected by cancer by funding Macmillan’s cancer services. Two million people are currently living with cancer and the donations raised go a long way towards providing emotional, financial and medical support.
Last year the flagship event raised almost �8 million.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 7 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company
Holding a coffee morning is a piece of cake – just get your friends, family and colleagues together for a fun morning of coffee, tea and treats.
Dani Brown, Macmillan Support fundraiser, said: “The idea of hosting your own coffee morning may sound daunting but once the organisation has begun, you’ll see just how easy it can be. People are eager to be involved and the fun you’ll have on the day will definitely be worth it!”
The theme and style of a coffee morning can be as flexible as people want it to be. It could be a traditional event or it could have a twist to it.
To take part in the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning on September 24 go to www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee or call 0845 070 1315.