Time for a coffee break
THERE was time to stop off for a cuppa when Macmillan volunteers travelled through Comet country to stir up some support and awareness for their next fundraising event.
The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning is on Friday, September 24 and the volunteers want to get everyone involved.
One of the places they visited was Standalone Farm Centre in Letchworth GC where they were greeted by manager Andrew Milich who let them take a gander round.
They fed some very alive goats and posed with a cow which was not all it seemed.
This year, ‘The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning’ is 20 years old and to celebrate, cancer charity Macmillan wants to make the event bigger and better than ever.
You may also want to watch:
The aim of fundraising is to help make a huge difference to people affected by cancer by funding Macmillan’s cancer services. Two million people are currently living with cancer and the donations raised go a long way towards providing emotional, financial and medical support.
Last year the flagship event raised almost �8 million.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 5 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
Holding a coffee morning is a piece of cake – just get your friends, family and colleagues together for a fun morning of coffee, tea and treats.
Dani Brown, Macmillan Support fundraiser, said: “The idea of hosting your own coffee morning may sound daunting but once the organisation has begun, you’ll see just how easy it can be. People are eager to be involved and the fun you’ll have on the day will definitely be worth it!”
The theme and style of a coffee morning can be as flexible as people want it to be. It could be a traditional event or it could have a twist to it.
To take part in the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning on September 24 go to www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee or call 0845 070 1315.