The trials of the smaller lady
Why, if fashion is not high on your priority list, are you worrying about bootcut jeans being so last season? (Last Word, Comet January 19) Can clothes be designed for real women! How would you define a real woman? I am a size 6/8 and have always been th
Why, if fashion is not high on your priority list, are you worrying about bootcut jeans being so last season? (Last Word, Comet January 19)
Can clothes be designed for real women! How would you define a real woman?
I am a size 6/8 and have always been this size. I cannot put on weight, I have had terrible trouble for years because I could not get clothes to fit me.
There are a few shops now that stock my size but I am still limited on where I can go. I always read in the magazines about larger people and the fashion and that all clothes are for skinny people. Well I can speak from 42 years experience and I can tell you it has not been easy. How about doing an article and some research into clothes for naturally small people and see how difficult it really is. I consider myself as a real woman and at the other end of the scale it's not easy either!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 8 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site