The same bins
I have an issue with the bins. I live in Luton and have a green recycle bin which I use and fill regularly. However, when I visit my boyfriend in Great Ashby, I struggle to know what can and cannot be recycled, as they operate a different system. Instead
I have an issue with the bins. I live in Luton and have a green recycle bin which I use and fill regularly.
However, when I visit my boyfriend in Great Ashby, I struggle to know what can and cannot be recycled, as they operate a different system. Instead of one green bin, he has a variety of different coloured boxes and I am totally at a loss. If the Government is so keen for us to recycle, would it not make sense to have green recycle bins and the same things allowed in them whether you live in Stevenage or Newcastle. Surely, by doing this, recycling will become a way of life and no one will have any excuse not to participate.
In the meantime, maybe the council could produce something to help such as different coloured magnets which state what goes in each coloured box, which could be stuck on the fridge.
As for the bins versus bags debate, the future is green and the future is wheelie bins!
You may also want to watch:
KAREN DENNIS, Winch Street, Luton
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?