The driver not the car
Regarding Standards Are Slipping, (Comet letters, August 31). I have just been reading the letter with reference to driving standards. I am completely bemused that this reader can suggest that 4x4 jeep, BMW and Volvo drivers are setting a lower standard o
Regarding Standards Are Slipping, (Comet letters, August 31). I have just been reading the letter with reference to driving standards.
I am completely bemused that this reader can suggest that 4x4 jeep, BMW and Volvo drivers are setting a lower standard of driving. Maybe the writer of this letter can provide the accident statistics for these vehicles that support their statement? I certainly cannot find any.
I can only consider that this statement is completely misguided, a particular type of vehicle does not determine your driving standard. This person clearly has hate for these vehicles, which I believe would impact in their attitude and driving style towards them when he/she meets them on the road - certainly not a safe manner of driving.
As a 4x4 and BMW driver, I have enjoyed 19 years accident free driving. This may well be due to the fact that I concentrate on my driving and not what other people are driving, or may be due to driving a safer standard of vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
STEVE HARFASH, Bronte Avenue, Fairfield Park, Stotfold
- 1 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 2 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 3 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 6 Letchworth hub will get to the 'heart of community'
- 7 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 8 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 9 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 10 Sacrifices made as Stevenage defiantly answer their critics at Harrogate Town