The common sense solution
Regarding the proposed further development of Norton Common. To build a road with street lighting across Norton Common to provide a cycleway would destroy its present rural character. There is surely no reason why the cycleway could not be a shared paveme
Regarding the proposed further development of Norton Common.
To build a road with street lighting across Norton Common to provide a cycleway would destroy its present rural character. There is surely no reason why the cycleway could not be a shared pavement along Norton Way North. The lighting would be detrimental to the common's wildlife and in the climate of violence prevalent in the 21st century only the foolhardy human would make use of it.
To fell two magnificent healthy horse chestnut trees to make way for the road on the grounds that they are coming to the end of their useful lives would be a crime against nature and in any case what more useful contribution could there be than to have a beneficial effect on the quality of the air we breathe?
Letchworth's youth should have a skatepark but it would not be too difficult to site it elsewhere - in the Wynd perhaps or off Norton Way South to the north of the Mrs. Howard Memorial Hall beside the youth centre in the paddling pool area.
You may also want to watch:
Letchworth Garden City will become a deprived area lacking the quiet and peaceful space necessary for the well being of both its citizens and wildlife.
J. HULL, Croft Lane, Letchworth Garden City
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 3 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation