The Big Student Takeover comes to an end
- Credit: Archant
The North Hertfordshire College students time at The Comet has come to a close.
THE Big Student Takeover officially came to an end yesterday (Thursday) with a presentation event.
It was held at the Novotel in Stevenage where the entire Big Student Takeover team were given certificates for the excellent work they’ve done for the Comet newspaper during the last two weeks.
Lunch was provided and everyone had a great time to end the fortnight of collaboration.
You may also want to watch:
At the start of the Big Student Takeover students were told there will be internships available for two students at the end of the takeover.
The two winners, Wayne Johnson and Melissa Agard, were announced at a presentation event yesterday with Wayne set to work with the digital team and Melissa with the news desk.
- 1 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 2 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 5 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 6 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 7 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 8 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 9 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing
Both students were really happy and excited about the opportunity to work at Archant for three months.
“I’m really delighted that I got the internship and really happy, it has been a good working with great students and now my friends.”
“I’m so proud of myself. I never thought I’d get it. It just goes to show what you can do when you try your hardest. This experience has been great and I wish to do it again with another company.”