The Big Student Takeover comes to an end
- Credit: Archant
The North Hertfordshire College students time at The Comet has come to a close.
THE Big Student Takeover officially came to an end yesterday (Thursday) with a presentation event.
It was held at the Novotel in Stevenage where the entire Big Student Takeover team were given certificates for the excellent work they’ve done for the Comet newspaper during the last two weeks.
Lunch was provided and everyone had a great time to end the fortnight of collaboration.
At the start of the Big Student Takeover students were told there will be internships available for two students at the end of the takeover.
The two winners, Wayne Johnson and Melissa Agard, were announced at a presentation event yesterday with Wayne set to work with the digital team and Melissa with the news desk.
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 3 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 4 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 5 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 6 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 7 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 8 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 9 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 10 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
Both students were really happy and excited about the opportunity to work at Archant for three months.
“I’m really delighted that I got the internship and really happy, it has been a good working with great students and now my friends.”
“I’m so proud of myself. I never thought I’d get it. It just goes to show what you can do when you try your hardest. This experience has been great and I wish to do it again with another company.”