Thanks for support
SIR – On behalf of Hitchin Shopmobility Committee, I would like to thank, through your columns, all those Hitchin and district people who kindly made donations to our Hitchin street collection, on Saturday, May, 20. We are delighted to report that, with
SIR - On behalf of Hitchin Shopmobility Committee, I would like to thank, through your columns, all those Hitchin and district people who kindly made donations to our Hitchin street collection, on Saturday, May, 20.
We are delighted to report that, with their help, we raised a total of £436.52. This is a wonderful sum and we are delighted with the result.
The mobility scooters and wheelchairs lent by the scheme enable less mobile people to maintain their independence, by enabling them to access Hitchin's shops, facilities and services. It is great to have support from Hitchin people, which contributes towards our provision of this service.
So, again our grateful thanks to all those who helped on this day, by either giving or collecting.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman, Hitchin Shopmobility
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
SIR - I recently had a heart attack and ended up in the Lister Hospital, Ward 9.
Could you oblige my family and me by thanking all the staff at the Lister Hospital for all their care and attention.
I have nothing but praise for all who deserve our thanks. I would like to thank them all personally, but there are too many to mention. If there is any way I can help them, I will.
Mrs K HARRISON