Thanks for support
SIR – On behalf of Hitchin Shopmobility Committee, I would like to thank, through your columns, all those Hitchin and district people who kindly made donations to our Hitchin street collection, on Saturday, May, 20. We are delighted to report that, with
SIR - On behalf of Hitchin Shopmobility Committee, I would like to thank, through your columns, all those Hitchin and district people who kindly made donations to our Hitchin street collection, on Saturday, May, 20.
We are delighted to report that, with their help, we raised a total of £436.52. This is a wonderful sum and we are delighted with the result.
The mobility scooters and wheelchairs lent by the scheme enable less mobile people to maintain their independence, by enabling them to access Hitchin's shops, facilities and services. It is great to have support from Hitchin people, which contributes towards our provision of this service.
So, again our grateful thanks to all those who helped on this day, by either giving or collecting.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman, Hitchin Shopmobility
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 7 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 8 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 9 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 10 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
SIR - I recently had a heart attack and ended up in the Lister Hospital, Ward 9.
Could you oblige my family and me by thanking all the staff at the Lister Hospital for all their care and attention.
I have nothing but praise for all who deserve our thanks. I would like to thank them all personally, but there are too many to mention. If there is any way I can help them, I will.
Mrs K HARRISON