Thanks for support
SIR – On behalf of Hitchin Shopmobility Committee, I would like to thank, through your columns, all those Hitchin and district people who kindly made donations to our Hitchin street collection, on Saturday, May, 20. We are delighted to report that, with
SIR - On behalf of Hitchin Shopmobility Committee, I would like to thank, through your columns, all those Hitchin and district people who kindly made donations to our Hitchin street collection, on Saturday, May, 20.
We are delighted to report that, with their help, we raised a total of £436.52. This is a wonderful sum and we are delighted with the result.
The mobility scooters and wheelchairs lent by the scheme enable less mobile people to maintain their independence, by enabling them to access Hitchin's shops, facilities and services. It is great to have support from Hitchin people, which contributes towards our provision of this service.
So, again our grateful thanks to all those who helped on this day, by either giving or collecting.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman, Hitchin Shopmobility
- 1 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 2 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 3 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 6 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 9 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
SIR - I recently had a heart attack and ended up in the Lister Hospital, Ward 9.
Could you oblige my family and me by thanking all the staff at the Lister Hospital for all their care and attention.
I have nothing but praise for all who deserve our thanks. I would like to thank them all personally, but there are too many to mention. If there is any way I can help them, I will.
Mrs K HARRISON