Thanks for support
SIR – On behalf of Hitchin Shopmobility Committee, I would like to thank, through your columns, all those Hitchin and district people who kindly made donations to our Hitchin street collection, on Saturday, May, 20. We are delighted to report that, with
SIR - On behalf of Hitchin Shopmobility Committee, I would like to thank, through your columns, all those Hitchin and district people who kindly made donations to our Hitchin street collection, on Saturday, May, 20.
We are delighted to report that, with their help, we raised a total of £436.52. This is a wonderful sum and we are delighted with the result.
The mobility scooters and wheelchairs lent by the scheme enable less mobile people to maintain their independence, by enabling them to access Hitchin's shops, facilities and services. It is great to have support from Hitchin people, which contributes towards our provision of this service.
So, again our grateful thanks to all those who helped on this day, by either giving or collecting.
Chairman, Hitchin Shopmobility
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 3 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 4 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 5 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 6 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 7 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
- 8 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
- 9 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 10 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
SIR - I recently had a heart attack and ended up in the Lister Hospital, Ward 9.
Could you oblige my family and me by thanking all the staff at the Lister Hospital for all their care and attention.
I have nothing but praise for all who deserve our thanks. I would like to thank them all personally, but there are too many to mention. If there is any way I can help them, I will.
Mrs K HARRISON