Thanks for SOS campaign
Thank you for the Save Our Services campaign, I have just been online to sign up to the petition. The issue relating to the Lister & QEII is a particularly emotive one for my family and I, as the Lister A&E team saved my husband s life in December 2004. M
Thank you for the Save Our Services campaign, I have just been online to sign up to the petition.
The issue relating to the Lister & QEII is a particularly emotive one for my family and I, as the Lister A&E team saved my husband's life in December 2004.
My husband is asthmatic and had been suffering from a bad cold, when he had a bronchial spasm. The ambulance arrived within five minutes, and got him to the Lister just as fast, but as he arrived he had a cardiac arrest. The team in A&E reacted quickly and professionally and were able to resuscitate him and get his lungs working again. If the ambulance or treatment had been at the QEII instead, I do not believe my husband would have survived.
Good luck with the campaign, keep up the good work, and can I implore more of your readers to sign the petition in favour of the Lister
You may also want to watch:
SARAH WARD, Devonshire Close, Stevenage
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy