Thanks for election participation
SIR - Through your pages may I thank the people of Baldock who voted for me in the recent council elections. With a majority of 850 odd votes I believe it shows that the residents of Baldock are behind what my council colleagues and I are trying to achiev
SIR - Through your pages may I thank the people of Baldock who voted for me in the recent council elections. With a majority of 850 odd votes I believe it shows that the residents of Baldock are behind what my council colleagues and I are trying to achieve for the good of the town. I acknowledge the trust placed upon me and will do my utmost to honour the same.
Councillor MICHAEL WEEKS
Baldock Town Ward
SIR - I write to thank, through your pages, all those who voted for me as the Labour Party candidate in the recent council elections for Letchworth East.
You may also want to watch:
That we came within a handful of votes of winning, at a difficult time for Labour, is a tribute to those who worked so hard, knocking on doors, delivering leaflets and doing all the things which serious candidates do to raise support before and on polling date.
- 1 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing
SIR - Through your publication may I take this opportunity to thank the 7,382 electors who voted for a Conservative candidate in the Borough Council elections on May 1. The election of three new Conservative councillors lays a foundation for further progress in the future.
The Conservative Party is now the second largest group on the council and is thus the official opposition.
Thank you also to Peter Ollis and his team for the efficient manner in which the election was conducted.
Stevenage Conservative Association