Thanks for election participation
SIR - Through your pages may I thank the people of Baldock who voted for me in the recent council elections. With a majority of 850 odd votes I believe it shows that the residents of Baldock are behind what my council colleagues and I are trying to achiev
SIR - Through your pages may I thank the people of Baldock who voted for me in the recent council elections. With a majority of 850 odd votes I believe it shows that the residents of Baldock are behind what my council colleagues and I are trying to achieve for the good of the town. I acknowledge the trust placed upon me and will do my utmost to honour the same.
Councillor MICHAEL WEEKS
Baldock Town Ward
SIR - I write to thank, through your pages, all those who voted for me as the Labour Party candidate in the recent council elections for Letchworth East.
That we came within a handful of votes of winning, at a difficult time for Labour, is a tribute to those who worked so hard, knocking on doors, delivering leaflets and doing all the things which serious candidates do to raise support before and on polling date.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 3 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 4 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 5 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 6 Our sporting stars celebrated with museum exhibition
- 7 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 8 Invitation to Hitchin community garden party!
- 9 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 10 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
SIR - Through your publication may I take this opportunity to thank the 7,382 electors who voted for a Conservative candidate in the Borough Council elections on May 1. The election of three new Conservative councillors lays a foundation for further progress in the future.
The Conservative Party is now the second largest group on the council and is thus the official opposition.
Thank you also to Peter Ollis and his team for the efficient manner in which the election was conducted.
Stevenage Conservative Association