SIR – I would like to express my sincere condolences to Mr Andrew Harrison s family (Death of popular teacher, December 29, 2005). As an ex-pupil of the Priory I am deeply saddened by the news. I was lucky enough to be taught by Mr Harrison through GCSE S
SIR - I would like to express my sincere condolences to Mr Andrew Harrison's family (Death of popular teacher, December 29, 2005). As an ex-pupil of the Priory I am deeply saddened by the news.
I was lucky enough to be taught by Mr Harrison through GCSE Science and A level Biology. He was a real inspiration and had an extremely approachable way about him. I look back fondly on the Christmas Lectures he would take us to in London where we were privileged to receive talks from the likes of Professor Robert Winston (and the boys filled their pockets with cakes!!) which helped pass on Mr Harrison's passion for Science.
He never gave up on anyone, no matter how much trouble some pupils were in, he always believed there was a way to reach them.
He pushed us without being harsh and I probably still don't realise just how much I owe him, I hope he realised how much he was appreciated even if some pupils didn't always show it at the time.
NAME AND ADDRESS
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant