SIR – I would like to express my sincere condolences to Mr Andrew Harrison s family (Death of popular teacher, December 29, 2005). As an ex-pupil of the Priory I am deeply saddened by the news. I was lucky enough to be taught by Mr Harrison through GCSE S
SIR - I would like to express my sincere condolences to Mr Andrew Harrison's family (Death of popular teacher, December 29, 2005). As an ex-pupil of the Priory I am deeply saddened by the news.
I was lucky enough to be taught by Mr Harrison through GCSE Science and A level Biology. He was a real inspiration and had an extremely approachable way about him. I look back fondly on the Christmas Lectures he would take us to in London where we were privileged to receive talks from the likes of Professor Robert Winston (and the boys filled their pockets with cakes!!) which helped pass on Mr Harrison's passion for Science.
He never gave up on anyone, no matter how much trouble some pupils were in, he always believed there was a way to reach them.
He pushed us without being harsh and I probably still don't realise just how much I owe him, I hope he realised how much he was appreciated even if some pupils didn't always show it at the time.
You may also want to watch:
NAME AND ADDRESS
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 3 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 8 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 9 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage