SIR – I would like to express my sincere condolences to Mr Andrew Harrison s family (Death of popular teacher, December 29, 2005). As an ex-pupil of the Priory I am deeply saddened by the news. I was lucky enough to be taught by Mr Harrison through GCSE S
SIR - I would like to express my sincere condolences to Mr Andrew Harrison's family (Death of popular teacher, December 29, 2005). As an ex-pupil of the Priory I am deeply saddened by the news.
I was lucky enough to be taught by Mr Harrison through GCSE Science and A level Biology. He was a real inspiration and had an extremely approachable way about him. I look back fondly on the Christmas Lectures he would take us to in London where we were privileged to receive talks from the likes of Professor Robert Winston (and the boys filled their pockets with cakes!!) which helped pass on Mr Harrison's passion for Science.
He never gave up on anyone, no matter how much trouble some pupils were in, he always believed there was a way to reach them.
He pushed us without being harsh and I probably still don't realise just how much I owe him, I hope he realised how much he was appreciated even if some pupils didn't always show it at the time.
You may also want to watch:
NAME AND ADDRESS
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 7 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 8 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre