Take us seriously
I understand that North Herts. District Council are planning huge increases in the charges they levy for controlled parking zones, burial fees and allotments in an effort to fill a black hole in their finances. As a council tax payer, I would be interest
I understand that North Herts. District Council are planning huge increases in the charges they levy for controlled parking zones, burial fees and allotments in an effort to fill a black hole in their finances.
As a council tax payer, I would be interested to know if they have carried out a value for money review of the services they provide to see if they are being carried out as efficiently, effectively and economically as possible. As a Council, they appear to have taken the easy option of picking on areas where there is no choice but to pay. If you want to bury a relative then you have to pay up, if you want to park where you live then again what choice do you have? As for allotment holders, just because there is a waiting list does that make them a target? Aren't the council meant to be serious about green issues?
I wonder just how closely the council have looked at what they do and how they spend our taxes. I expect they will still have their civic reception and toast the good health of the residents of North Herts. Does the council stop and consider the cost implications every time they decide on yet another working party or meeting? I wonder how many of thousands of pounds were wasted on consultant's fees when the council got the Churchgate plans so wrong.
It is about time that both the councillors and council officers who run took the electorate seriously, the people of North Herts deserve better!
You may also want to watch:
R CANNING, Orchard Cottage, Pirton Road, Holwell
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 8 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema