Support for woodland
SIR – Chells Manor residents who have organised and signed the petition to save the woodland near Hunters Close from possible development (Comet front page February 12 and letters February 19) are indeed to be congratulated in taking such speedy action. T
SIR - Chells Manor residents who have organised and signed the petition to save the woodland near Hunters Close from possible development (Comet front page February 12 and letters February 19) are indeed to be congratulated in taking such speedy action. There are two points I wish to make clear.
First, the decision as to whether or not to extend the current temporary tree preservation order is to be taken by Stevenage Borough Council officials, under the delegated authority arrangements, and councillors will not get to vote on the issue.
Secondly, I want to stress that the residents opposing development at this location have the full support of all the three local councillors for the area, Lis Knight, Graham Snell and myself. We have given advice to the petitioners and have expressed our view, in favour of retaining the trees, clearly to the council officials. The decision could now be taken by the officials any time within the next six months. It is therefore not yet too late to write in to object, but the sooner the better. Write to Head of Planning and Regeneration, SBC, Danestrete, Stevenage, SG1 1HN.
You may also want to watch:
Leader Liberal Democrat Group
Stevenage Borough Council, and
- 1 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 2 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 3 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 4 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 9 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
Chells County Councillor