Stevenage mum launches activewear range for maternity and beyond
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-one has launched a collection of activewear aimed at mums and mums-to-be, after finding a gap in the market.
Eleni Koureas lives in Stevenage and is the co-founder of The Blume Collection – a range of sportswear specifically for mums and pregnant women, which include extra support and a nursing function.
The fashion graduate’s first job out of university was with Harrods, where she found her love of children’s wear and became assistant buyer in the children’s designer department.
She had her son Theo in 2012 and, two years ago, set up the Eleni Koureas Consultancy. As a global brand consultant, she helps businesses with wholesale growth, and her clients include Harvey Nichols, John Lewis, Asos and Mothercare.
Since establishing her own consultancy, she has helped more than 15 brands sell to key accounts across the globe.
Eleni specialises in maternity wear and children’s fashion and has now co-launched The Blume Collection clothing range.
The entrepreneur said: “Working in the maternity sector, I found a gap in the market for high quality fitness apparel aimed at pregnancy and beyond, and so the journey began.
- 1 Have your say on TK Maxx plans to move store out of town centre
- 2 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 3 Sex offender avoids jail 'by skin of his teeth' after Hitchin assault
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 8 Former Stevenage swimmer 'buzzing' to compete in Commonwealth Games
- 9 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 10 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
“A year ago, I collaborated with an ex Adidas innovator and a womenswear production company based in London.
“As fitness enthusiasts and experts in our own fields, we found the perfect synergy to develop The Blume Collection.
“We’ve been through rigorous fits and product development and have now launched our first five styles. These include three core high specification performance styles, an overlayer and an accessory pouch.”
A campaign has been launched on Kickstarter – an online global funding platform for creative projects - with Eleni hoping it will generate £17,000 in the 30 days it is live for.
The money will go towards the first production run of The Blume Collection.
Eleni said: “Our campaign allows customers to order any of our first five styles at an introductory special price.
“If they aren’t mums, but would like to support us on our journey, they can donate as little as the price of their morning coffee.”
For the campaign, visit www.kickstarter.com and search for ‘The Blume Collection’.
For more about Eleni, visit www.elenikoureas.com