Standards are slipping
SIR – I have just been reading the letter from a reader about the standard of some people s driving. Hoorah! They are absolutely right! Whilst I have only been driving for 30 years, I am appalled at how some drivers even get from A to B, let alone C. Some
SIR - I have just been reading the letter from a reader about the standard of some people's driving. Hoorah! They are absolutely right!
Whilst I have only been driving for 30 years, I am appalled at how some drivers even get from A to B, let alone C. Some of the culprits are these 4 x 4 jeep, BMW, Volvo vehicles. To give a recent example, a driver in one such vehicle coming towards me, has parked vehicles on their side of the road and they are on the mobile phone, because they are in their own world and take no notice of someone coming towards them. They should give way, but do not. All I can say is humph! I can then be on my merry way. Wake up out there! The world consists of other people.
Good show Comet for printing the first letter on driving.
NAME AND ADDRESS
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 3 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 4 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 5 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 6 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers