Standards are slipping
SIR – I have just been reading the letter from a reader about the standard of some people s driving. Hoorah! They are absolutely right! Whilst I have only been driving for 30 years, I am appalled at how some drivers even get from A to B, let alone C. Some
SIR - I have just been reading the letter from a reader about the standard of some people's driving. Hoorah! They are absolutely right!
Whilst I have only been driving for 30 years, I am appalled at how some drivers even get from A to B, let alone C. Some of the culprits are these 4 x 4 jeep, BMW, Volvo vehicles. To give a recent example, a driver in one such vehicle coming towards me, has parked vehicles on their side of the road and they are on the mobile phone, because they are in their own world and take no notice of someone coming towards them. They should give way, but do not. All I can say is humph! I can then be on my merry way. Wake up out there! The world consists of other people.
Good show Comet for printing the first letter on driving.
NAME AND ADDRESS
You may also want to watch:
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Have your say on parking restriction plans