Sponsor: North Hertfordshire Homes
Sponsor of the Good Neighbour Award. Click here for more information of North Hertfordshire Homes
North Hertfordshire Homes (NHH) is the largest registered social landlord in Hertfordshire, providing approximately 8,700 homes for local people. This includes over 800 units of sheltered accommodation, approximately 200 temporary and supported housing places and 500 leasehold properties.
In April 2003 we took over the housing stock of North Hertfordshire District Council with the promise that we would not only improve the existing properties but that we would also provide homes for the future. Since then we have spent over �110 million on over 29,000 improvements including new kitchens, bathrooms, central heating systems, roofs, windows and doors, exceeding the Governments Decent Homes Standard.
We have established ourselves as a high performing and cost efficient association with an expanding development programme and a strong neighbourhood focus.
We have five neighbourhood offices, located in the heart of our communities; in Letchworth, Hitchin, Baldock, Royston and St Albans. Local customer services and neighbourhood staff provide support and advice to all our tenants and work with local people and groups to create better neighbourhoods.
You may also want to watch:
We plan to produce 1,200 new affordable homes by 2012 and have already built, or have on site 350. We take great care to ensure that our homes fit local need and are comfortable, environmentally friendly and efficient for our tenants.
We are proud of our past and confident about our future, fully committed to providing affordable homes for local people in and around North Hertfordshire. We believe that by working in neighbourhoods and properly supporting our customers and local communities we will continue our success to date.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Stevenage unveil Amazon's Prime Gaming as new sponsors on new kit
- 4 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 5 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 9 Did you know St Trinian's school was once in north Hertfordshire?
- 10 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
For more details visit: www.nhh.org.uk