Social Services going out of control
THE fact a mother could permanently lose custody of her eight-year-old son, because she smacked him with a hairbrush for misbehaving, clearly illustrates the idiocy of Social Services. The 42-year-old single mother saw red after months of disobedience b
THE fact a mother could permanently lose custody of her eight-year-old son, because she smacked him with a hairbrush for misbehaving, clearly illustrates the idiocy of Social Services.
The 42-year-old single mother "saw red" after months of disobedience by her son and stress over her battle with breast cancer.
Holding a hairbrush at the time, she smacked her son twice on the shoulder when he refused to get ready for school.
When the boy told his teachers he was immediately taken into custody by Social Services.
Last week his mother pleaded guilty to assault and faces permanently losing custody of her son when she is sentenced later this month.
What absolute rubbish. I was smacked as a child and it did me no harm whatsoever.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
Children need to be disciplined within reason, and I firmly believe this mother's actions were well within reason.
And who knows how to handle a child better than its mother?
Social Services have waded in and made a mountain out of a mole hill, separating a mother and a son for no real reason.
Parents have a right to bring up their children as they think best.
Wrapping them in cotton wool will only result in a child who is unruly and lacks respect.