Social Services going out of control
THE fact a mother could permanently lose custody of her eight-year-old son, because she smacked him with a hairbrush for misbehaving, clearly illustrates the idiocy of Social Services. The 42-year-old single mother saw red after months of disobedience b
THE fact a mother could permanently lose custody of her eight-year-old son, because she smacked him with a hairbrush for misbehaving, clearly illustrates the idiocy of Social Services.
The 42-year-old single mother "saw red" after months of disobedience by her son and stress over her battle with breast cancer.
Holding a hairbrush at the time, she smacked her son twice on the shoulder when he refused to get ready for school.
When the boy told his teachers he was immediately taken into custody by Social Services.
You may also want to watch:
Last week his mother pleaded guilty to assault and faces permanently losing custody of her son when she is sentenced later this month.
What absolute rubbish. I was smacked as a child and it did me no harm whatsoever.
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 7 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 8 Save the date! Popular Eat Alfresco dining experience will return
- 9 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 10 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
Children need to be disciplined within reason, and I firmly believe this mother's actions were well within reason.
And who knows how to handle a child better than its mother?
Social Services have waded in and made a mountain out of a mole hill, separating a mother and a son for no real reason.
Parents have a right to bring up their children as they think best.
Wrapping them in cotton wool will only result in a child who is unruly and lacks respect.