Smug view makes my blood Boyle
WATCHING Britain s Got Talent when Susan Boyle took to the stage made uncomfortable viewing for me, and I hope for many others. Aside from her rendition of I Dreamed a Dream, from musical Les Mis�rables, the show captured all that is cynical and nasty abo
WATCHING Britain's Got Talent when Susan Boyle took to the stage made uncomfortable viewing for me, and I hope for many others.
Aside from her rendition of I Dreamed a Dream, from musical Les Mis�rables, the show captured all that is cynical and nasty about our society.
With a ruddy complexion and wild hair, quirkily dressed Susan clumsily walked onto the stage.
Immediately, people in the audience began pulling faces and the judges joined in their disdain when Susan began to bashfully speak.
When she belted out her rendition of the Les Mis classic, their reactions immediately changed and everyone was on their feet, all smiles, applauding the clearly talented woman.
And you could virtually see the pound signs dancing in Simon Cowell's eyes.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company
But the fact remains that the majority of people, including myself and others watching at home, made a snap judgment about a person, which turned out to be utterly misguided and incorrect.
It would serve us all well to remember the old adage - never judge a book by its cover.
It's all very well waxing lyrical about how amazingly talented Susan is, which of course she is, but to fail to learn a lesson from this experience would be a mistake.