Smoke peril

SIR - I would like to contact you regarding the many current complaints from smokers and that they think how unfair it is for them to no longer smoke inside community places and that how carbon admissions from non-smokers cars are just as bad for you as

SIR - I would like to contact you regarding the many current complaints from smokers and that they think how unfair it is for them to no longer smoke inside community places and that how carbon admissions from non-smokers' cars are just as bad for you as the smoke exhaled from the smokers.

Firstly I would like to point out that up until recently I worked in a cardiology department and that 98% of the patients we saw were smokers or lived with smokers. The other 2% were born with a heart condition or developed a rare disease. I would just like to remind the smokers out there that although our cars may give out too many admissions we do not park it in our living room and poison our nearest and dearest family with this habit continuously throughout the day.

name and address

SUPPLIED


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter