Sick and tired of arrogant drivers
SIR - I am a resident of Todds Green and as rightly pointed out by your letter writer in The Comet dated May 15, we are a country road. The residents of Todds Green are sick and tired of the arrogant, impatient and rude drivers who constantly drive throug
SIR - I am a resident of Todds Green and as rightly pointed out by your letter writer in The Comet dated May 15, we are a country road. The residents of Todds Green are sick and tired of the arrogant, impatient and rude drivers who constantly drive through morning and evening, using this road as a rat run!
If I dare to reverse into my driveway in the evenings, much to the disgust of waiting drivers, bearing abuse and rude hand gestures, I do not have a chance in hell on being let out in the morning by these rat run users. Sometimes I can sit for five to 10 minutes until I am able to pull out.
It seems that many drivers still refuse to accept that the road is closed. You would not believe the numbers who pass at least six 'road closed' or 'no through access' signs and mechanical equipment to get into Todds Green, only to find that the road really is closed and then having to use residents' drives, tearing into grass strips to turn back round again. This traffic includes articulated lorries ripping down trees!
Todds Green residents could make it very difficult for rat run users if we all decided to park our cars on the road instead of our driveways, which we are legally allowed to do. The road would then become a one-way road, causing even more chaos.
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps now, because of the inconvenience these gas works have caused, maybe when the road is reopened, these drivers just might think and spare some thought for the residents and allow them some time and courtesy to get in and out of their drives. Maybe the council should look into closing this road permanently, allowing the road to return to a quiet, rural area.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?