Sick and tired of arrogant drivers
SIR - I am a resident of Todds Green and as rightly pointed out by your letter writer in The Comet dated May 15, we are a country road. The residents of Todds Green are sick and tired of the arrogant, impatient and rude drivers who constantly drive throug
SIR - I am a resident of Todds Green and as rightly pointed out by your letter writer in The Comet dated May 15, we are a country road. The residents of Todds Green are sick and tired of the arrogant, impatient and rude drivers who constantly drive through morning and evening, using this road as a rat run!
If I dare to reverse into my driveway in the evenings, much to the disgust of waiting drivers, bearing abuse and rude hand gestures, I do not have a chance in hell on being let out in the morning by these rat run users. Sometimes I can sit for five to 10 minutes until I am able to pull out.
It seems that many drivers still refuse to accept that the road is closed. You would not believe the numbers who pass at least six 'road closed' or 'no through access' signs and mechanical equipment to get into Todds Green, only to find that the road really is closed and then having to use residents' drives, tearing into grass strips to turn back round again. This traffic includes articulated lorries ripping down trees!
Todds Green residents could make it very difficult for rat run users if we all decided to park our cars on the road instead of our driveways, which we are legally allowed to do. The road would then become a one-way road, causing even more chaos.
Perhaps now, because of the inconvenience these gas works have caused, maybe when the road is reopened, these drivers just might think and spare some thought for the residents and allow them some time and courtesy to get in and out of their drives. Maybe the council should look into closing this road permanently, allowing the road to return to a quiet, rural area.
- 1 Person dies after being hit by train between Hatfield and Finsbury Park
- 2 Four vehicles crash on A602 near Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage's Forster Country: 'Secret plans' for car park and toilet block
- 4 Recap: Person 'hit by a train' between Welwyn Garden City and London
- 5 Woman's purse 'stolen' outside Stevenage Tesco
- 6 Beauty products worth 'thousands of pounds' stolen from Hitchin Sainsbury's
- 7 Apply for free tickets to see new season of The Masked Singer being filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 9 Man who exposed Jimmy Savile reveals work on another paedophile case
- 10 Wednesday rail strike action to hit commuter lines in Herts and Essex