Shuttle help at Lister
SIR – My husband is recovering from major surgery at the Lister Hospital. He has had admirable care, preparation and tests pre-operation by MR Gupta s team and Nurse Judy Adams was thorough and reassuring. All staff on HDU and Ward 8 gave professional car
SIR - My husband is recovering from major surgery at the Lister Hospital. He has had admirable care, preparation and tests pre-operation by MR Gupta's team and Nurse Judy Adams was thorough and reassuring. All staff on HDU and Ward 8 gave professional care and informed us what was happening at all times.
The progress is good, aftercare is generous, so many thanks from the Caldwell family.
A big bonus was the Health Shuttle, of which I was unaware, although information in doctors' surgeries is made available by HCC. A non-profit making transport service, available to patients, staff and visitors takes away the anxiety and stress of parking which will worsen as the new parking area is developed. Mr Green and staff ensure that ill people maintain independent and develop friendships for a small sum of money.
The NHS Trust is anxious to develop a reliable transport service to all hospitals in the county. A government grant is to HCC, Rural Transport is helpful; Stevenage Borough Council is investigating ways of developing transport.
You may also want to watch:
I hope that many more people will use this vital service, use it or lose it.
Mrs T CALDWELL
- 1 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 2 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 3 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 4 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 9 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre