Shuttle help at Lister
SIR – My husband is recovering from major surgery at the Lister Hospital. He has had admirable care, preparation and tests pre-operation by MR Gupta s team and Nurse Judy Adams was thorough and reassuring. All staff on HDU and Ward 8 gave professional car
SIR - My husband is recovering from major surgery at the Lister Hospital. He has had admirable care, preparation and tests pre-operation by MR Gupta's team and Nurse Judy Adams was thorough and reassuring. All staff on HDU and Ward 8 gave professional care and informed us what was happening at all times.
The progress is good, aftercare is generous, so many thanks from the Caldwell family.
A big bonus was the Health Shuttle, of which I was unaware, although information in doctors' surgeries is made available by HCC. A non-profit making transport service, available to patients, staff and visitors takes away the anxiety and stress of parking which will worsen as the new parking area is developed. Mr Green and staff ensure that ill people maintain independent and develop friendships for a small sum of money.
The NHS Trust is anxious to develop a reliable transport service to all hospitals in the county. A government grant is to HCC, Rural Transport is helpful; Stevenage Borough Council is investigating ways of developing transport.
You may also want to watch:
I hope that many more people will use this vital service, use it or lose it.
Mrs T CALDWELL
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 3 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 4 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 5 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 6 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 7 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 8 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
- 9 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 10 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate