Shuttle help at Lister
SIR – My husband is recovering from major surgery at the Lister Hospital. He has had admirable care, preparation and tests pre-operation by MR Gupta s team and Nurse Judy Adams was thorough and reassuring. All staff on HDU and Ward 8 gave professional car
SIR - My husband is recovering from major surgery at the Lister Hospital. He has had admirable care, preparation and tests pre-operation by MR Gupta's team and Nurse Judy Adams was thorough and reassuring. All staff on HDU and Ward 8 gave professional care and informed us what was happening at all times.
The progress is good, aftercare is generous, so many thanks from the Caldwell family.
A big bonus was the Health Shuttle, of which I was unaware, although information in doctors' surgeries is made available by HCC. A non-profit making transport service, available to patients, staff and visitors takes away the anxiety and stress of parking which will worsen as the new parking area is developed. Mr Green and staff ensure that ill people maintain independent and develop friendships for a small sum of money.
The NHS Trust is anxious to develop a reliable transport service to all hospitals in the county. A government grant is to HCC, Rural Transport is helpful; Stevenage Borough Council is investigating ways of developing transport.
I hope that many more people will use this vital service, use it or lose it.
Mrs T CALDWELL
- 1 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 2 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 3 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades