Shock for school
SIR – Having at last received the proposal for the closure of Collenswood School (having only been thinking about the implications for a month with no contact from the council that I pay handsomely for), I have a non-pupil related question or two. What wi
SIR - Having at last received the proposal for the closure of Collenswood School (having only been thinking about the implications for a month with no contact from the council that I pay handsomely for), I have a non-pupil related question or two.
What will happen to the site my house backs onto? The site that was one of the deciding factors on my choice of location. Having just spent £50,000 on extending front and back with the intention of staying in this town until my children who obviously will now be going to somewhere other than Collenswood have left home and single handedly financing the towns expenditure if my community charge and taxes are anything to go by I would like to know how much of my hard earned taxes have you spent failing to make Collenswood a success?
I would also like to know why you allowed me to tour the school as a possible choice for my 11-year-old, sit through a speech by the head telling of its successes and then listen to the spiel about how any rumours of the school closing should be ignored. My time is precious to me so I really appreciate you wasting it for me. Another question: Has the deal already been done to sell the land to one of our poor property developers for another 100 over-priced, poorly thought out four bedroom boxes with no parking? Or can I look forward to a superstore to gaze out at through my kitchen window?
I am amazed that there has been no communication to the residents of all the homes that back onto this site or will be affected by any development. I appreciate the idea of the council serving its town's residents is a little far fetched but this really is very, very poor.
You may also want to watch:
If you could, please, have someone contact me about these issues I would appreciate it. Specifically I would like to know what consultation the residents of the area will be offered. Having gone through the farce of consultation for the Dixon site when I lived in Ascot Crescent you'll understand why I have very little faith in the games played in my council!
Thank you for your time
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 3 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation