Serious accident causes road closure in Henlow
A road remains blocked after a serious accident earlier this morning. The accident happened on the A507 Arlesey Road, Henlow, believed to have been between a van and a motorcycle. Police say the road remains closed between the A6001 Hitchin Road and the A
A road remains blocked after a serious accident earlier this morning.
The accident happened on the A507 Arlesey Road, Henlow, believed to have been between a van and a motorcycle.
Police say the road remains closed between the A6001 Hitchin Road and the A600 in Henlow.
Trouble spots this morning are on the A602 in Stevenage with heavy traffic and on the A1 (M) between junction 4 and 3 either side of the roadworks at the Hatfield Tunnel.
On the M25 there is slow traffic anticlockwise between junction 21A at St Albans and junction 18 at Chorley Wood. Also expect possible delays between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 through the major roadworks area where there is also a 50mph speed limit.
The same applies on the M11 between junction 8 with Stansted Airport and junction 9 with Saffron Walden where there are extensive roadworks.
- 1 Pupil wins competition to name community space at former bus station
- 2 Man charged following North Herts armed robbery
- 3 Stevenage doctor 'filled with pride' after taking home national award
- 4 Nissan Qashqai damaged during Letchworth 'vandalism'
- 5 Patrols to be increased following alleged arson in Letchworth park
- 6 Coldplay, Sir Elton John and Queen tributes set to headline Todd in the Hole Festival 2023
- 7 Hatfield thief goes to prison days after receiving suspended sentence
- 8 When to put the clocks back as British Summer Time ends this month
- 9 Teenager's mountain bike stolen outside Hitchin McDonalds
- 10 Stevenage's Forster Country: 'Secret plans' for car park and toilet block
On the M1 also expect delays between junction 10 at the Luton Airport Spur Road and junction 12 with Flitwick because of roadworks and a contraflow system.
On the A1 there is heavy and slow traffic on the Great North Road southbound at the Black Cat Roundabout in Roxton, and southbound at the junction with the A603 at Sandy.