Selfish practice is a danger
SIR – With reference to Mrs R Ketteridge s bad tempered response to Hannah Gray s amusing article about flag waving, I feel that I should like to take a neutral view of this difference of opinion. Forget the patriotism issue, let those who want to decorat
SIR - With reference to Mrs R Ketteridge's bad tempered response to Hannah Gray's amusing article about flag waving, I feel that I should like to take a neutral view of this difference of opinion.
Forget the patriotism issue, let those who want to decorate their homes with little flags do so. It is a free country and one should also be able to drive safely along our roads as well!
I am a driver and recently I came across cars fluttering as many as eight-10 flags over them at one time. I find this very distracting, so why should my clear and safe view of the public highway be affected by this rather childish and selfish practice?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 2 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation