Selfish practice is a danger
SIR – With reference to Mrs R Ketteridge s bad tempered response to Hannah Gray s amusing article about flag waving, I feel that I should like to take a neutral view of this difference of opinion. Forget the patriotism issue, let those who want to decorat
SIR - With reference to Mrs R Ketteridge's bad tempered response to Hannah Gray's amusing article about flag waving, I feel that I should like to take a neutral view of this difference of opinion.
Forget the patriotism issue, let those who want to decorate their homes with little flags do so. It is a free country and one should also be able to drive safely along our roads as well!
I am a driver and recently I came across cars fluttering as many as eight-10 flags over them at one time. I find this very distracting, so why should my clear and safe view of the public highway be affected by this rather childish and selfish practice?
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000