Selfish practice is a danger
SIR – With reference to Mrs R Ketteridge s bad tempered response to Hannah Gray s amusing article about flag waving, I feel that I should like to take a neutral view of this difference of opinion. Forget the patriotism issue, let those who want to decorat
SIR - With reference to Mrs R Ketteridge's bad tempered response to Hannah Gray's amusing article about flag waving, I feel that I should like to take a neutral view of this difference of opinion.
Forget the patriotism issue, let those who want to decorate their homes with little flags do so. It is a free country and one should also be able to drive safely along our roads as well!
I am a driver and recently I came across cars fluttering as many as eight-10 flags over them at one time. I find this very distracting, so why should my clear and safe view of the public highway be affected by this rather childish and selfish practice?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 2 Have you seen missing Hitchin woman?
- 3 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 4 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 5 More than £250,000 funding agreed for new Stevenage school
- 6 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 8 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 9 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 10 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs