Self sufficiency is the way to go for Knebworth...
AS a Knebworth resident, I fully support mum-of-three Juliet Pomerance (above) in her bid to build a secondary school in the village. I think she is right in saying that the lack of secondary education in Knebworth is enough to stop young families from mo
AS a Knebworth resident, I fully support mum-of-three Juliet Pomerance (above) in her bid to build a secondary school in the village.
I think she is right in saying that the lack of secondary education in Knebworth is enough to stop young families from moving into the village, and enough to cause those already living in Knebworth to move out.
Residents should do all they can to make Knebworth as self-sufficient as possible.
Not so long ago, there was talk in the parish of plans for Chas Lowe's to move out of the high street and to the outskirts of the village, providing the opportunity to expand and enhance village services on the vacant site in a prime location at the centre of Knebworth.
You may also want to watch:
The doctors' surgery has already laid its cards on the table and made known its plans to move to Stevenage if things in the village are not somehow revitalised.
There is a very real danger Knebworth will be swallowed up by Stevenage if radical steps are not taken to preserve its identity now.
- 1 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 2 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation