See the choice in town centre
MARTIN Fletcher, the Letchworth GC town centre manager, is full of praise for the Comet campaign to try and urge residents to buy in their local shops and also support other businesses. He says the Comet initiative launched this week will hopefully bring
MARTIN Fletcher, the Letchworth GC town centre manager, is full of praise for the Comet campaign to try and urge residents to buy in their local shops and also support other businesses.
He says the Comet initiative launched this week will hopefully bring people back into traditional town centre shops and be a springboard for a more prosperous future for the town.
Like all town centres, Letchworth GC has suffered from the recession but any campaign to beef up trade he says is welcome and will hopefully lay down the foundation to persuade more people to shop locally.
This week Mr Fletcher (pictured right) said:
You may also want to watch:
"The Buy Local campaign makes perfect sense at any time, but especially when people are counting the pennies.
"A town like Letchworth Garden City has loads of choice - my suggestion to shoppers would be: instead of spending time and money travelling to another town further away, use the time to explore what's on offer on your doorstep.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 4 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 5 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 6 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'
- 9 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 10 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
"We've got a wealth of specialist and independent retailers, as well as a good range of national high street brands.
''There's also a host of cafes, bars and restaurants, which really do have something for everyone; and on- and off-street parking is available in a variety of locations "Supporting the local economy also means helping to safeguard the jobs of your friends and neighbours, and is one way of reducing your carbon footprint. So, visit our website, www.shopletchworth.com which has lots of information about our shops. My advice is come and see us soon!