Secretaries will be lost for good
SIR – Support for medical secretaries at Lister. I am a medical secretary in a Stevenage practice and know only too well that a medical secretary does not just type up dictated letters! Since the news broke that Lister was to send the dictation to India
SIR - Support for medical secretaries at Lister.
I am a medical secretary in a Stevenage practice and know only too well that a medical secretary does not just type up dictated letters!
Since the news broke that Lister was to send the dictation to India I have been aware of there being less secretaries, more answerphones, and not all of these allowing a message to be left..
I recently spoke to a medical secretary at Lister, with regard to information the doctor needed, and was told the morale is very low among staff. When - and I am sure it will only be a matter of time - Lister returns to in-house typing, (as other hospitals have done) they will have lost their skilled, but not valued, medical secretaries.
You may also want to watch:
From a colleague and NHS patient.
NAME AND ADDRESS
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 6 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 7 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 8 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 9 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk