Seasonal card competition winners collect prizes
THREE arty residents snapped and sketched their way to success to win Stevenage Borough Council’s Christmas card competition.
Lucy Bick took the 12 to 21 age category with her impressive photo Winter at Stevenage Golf Course while Brendan Flavey clinched the 22 to 64 age category with his snap of the Old Town’s Bowling Green, Night Out With the Kids.
Kathleen Hawkins took the over 65s prize with her pastel sketch of the statue, Women and Doves, in the Town Centre Gardens.
The winners were presented with theatre ticket vouchers from council leader Sharon Taylor at an afternoon tea.
She said: “I was delighted with the standard of the entries we received proving what artistic and talented people we have here in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to say a big thanks to everyone who entered the competition. It was a lovely way to continue the countdown to Christmas and should reflect our town, so we’re pleased that people took the time to get involved.”
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 3 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation