Seasonal card competition winners collect prizes
THREE arty residents snapped and sketched their way to success to win Stevenage Borough Council’s Christmas card competition.
Lucy Bick took the 12 to 21 age category with her impressive photo Winter at Stevenage Golf Course while Brendan Flavey clinched the 22 to 64 age category with his snap of the Old Town’s Bowling Green, Night Out With the Kids.
Kathleen Hawkins took the over 65s prize with her pastel sketch of the statue, Women and Doves, in the Town Centre Gardens.
The winners were presented with theatre ticket vouchers from council leader Sharon Taylor at an afternoon tea.
She said: “I was delighted with the standard of the entries we received proving what artistic and talented people we have here in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to say a big thanks to everyone who entered the competition. It was a lovely way to continue the countdown to Christmas and should reflect our town, so we’re pleased that people took the time to get involved.”
- 1 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 2 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 3 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 6 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 9 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre