Seasonal card competition winners collect prizes
THREE arty residents snapped and sketched their way to success to win Stevenage Borough Council’s Christmas card competition.
Lucy Bick took the 12 to 21 age category with her impressive photo Winter at Stevenage Golf Course while Brendan Flavey clinched the 22 to 64 age category with his snap of the Old Town’s Bowling Green, Night Out With the Kids.
Kathleen Hawkins took the over 65s prize with her pastel sketch of the statue, Women and Doves, in the Town Centre Gardens.
The winners were presented with theatre ticket vouchers from council leader Sharon Taylor at an afternoon tea.
She said: “I was delighted with the standard of the entries we received proving what artistic and talented people we have here in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to say a big thanks to everyone who entered the competition. It was a lovely way to continue the countdown to Christmas and should reflect our town, so we’re pleased that people took the time to get involved.”
- 1 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 3 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 4 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 5 Decision made on opening play areas in Stevenage
- 6 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 7 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 8 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 9 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals