School working to cut congestion
SIR – On behalf of the Governors of Almond Hill School, I feel compelled to write to inform residents in Almonds Lane, Headingley Close, Trafford Close and, of course, Rectory Lane of our hard work in trying to alleviate the congestion problems associated
SIR - On behalf of the Governors of Almond Hill School, I feel compelled to write to inform residents in Almonds Lane, Headingley Close, Trafford Close and, of course, Rectory Lane of our hard work in trying to alleviate the congestion problems associated with our school.
Firstly, let us apologise to all residents if our parents are parking inconsiderately near your homes.
The topic of safer and more considerate parking and, more importantly, walking to school and healthier lifestyles has been very high on the school's agenda. In fact, the school's council, attended by children, the headteacher and governors, has been tackling this problem with enthusiasm. The children conducted a survey of parents to ask how they travelled to and from school and how they could improve matters. Children also designed and produced safer parking signs for vehicles and spoke to their parents about how and where they should park if they have to drive. We are in the middle of our walk to school week where everyone is encouraged to walk or cycle to school wherever possible. The response to all these initiatives has been fantastic despite rain and thunderstorms and we have seen a real improvement in the number of cars parked outside the school, particularly at finishing times.
We will continue to work to improve these matters and would like to thank all local residents for their patience and support.
CHAIRMAN of GOVERNORS
Almond Hill School
- 1 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 2 Stevenage PE teacher's charity run after leg amputation
- 3 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 4 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 5 'Expect delays' during week-long gas works at Stevenage roundabout
- 6 Summer Sand pit opens in Stevenage
- 7 Man treated for broken jaw following Hitchin assault
- 8 Dog owner's grass seed warning after pet paralysed
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week