School visit was superb
SIR - Last Friday some 42 young people aged 14 and 15 years from schools throughout Stevenage and North Herts who are due to start the new Diploma in Engineering in September were given the opportunity to spend the day at the National Youth Day, Farnborou
SIR - Last Friday some 42 young people aged 14 and 15 years from schools throughout Stevenage and North Herts who are due to start the new Diploma in Engineering in September were given the opportunity to spend the day at the National Youth Day, Farnborough.
In addition to touring the static exhibitions staged by aircraft-related companies from all over the world, the youngsters spent time engaged in practical challenges organised by major UK engineering companies, reinforcing the applied aspect of the Diploma. Finally, and most spectacularly, they were able to view the famous Farnborough Air Show featuring aircraft including Spitfires, a Vulcan, the new Eurofighter and the latest version of the A380 Airbus. The crowning glory was, of course, the RAF Red Arrow display.
All this was made possible thanks to the generosity of local engineering company MBDA and I would like to say thank you. Not only did they pay for the entrance tickets, lunch and coach travel, but, allowed 12 of their personnel to accompany the group, helping bring learning to life.
The youngsters were clearly both thrilled and inspired, a fabulous start to a new course of learning! Thank you MBDA.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
Stevenage 14-19 Partnership