School visit was superb
SIR - Last Friday some 42 young people aged 14 and 15 years from schools throughout Stevenage and North Herts who are due to start the new Diploma in Engineering in September were given the opportunity to spend the day at the National Youth Day, Farnborou
SIR - Last Friday some 42 young people aged 14 and 15 years from schools throughout Stevenage and North Herts who are due to start the new Diploma in Engineering in September were given the opportunity to spend the day at the National Youth Day, Farnborough.
In addition to touring the static exhibitions staged by aircraft-related companies from all over the world, the youngsters spent time engaged in practical challenges organised by major UK engineering companies, reinforcing the applied aspect of the Diploma. Finally, and most spectacularly, they were able to view the famous Farnborough Air Show featuring aircraft including Spitfires, a Vulcan, the new Eurofighter and the latest version of the A380 Airbus. The crowning glory was, of course, the RAF Red Arrow display.
All this was made possible thanks to the generosity of local engineering company MBDA and I would like to say thank you. Not only did they pay for the entrance tickets, lunch and coach travel, but, allowed 12 of their personnel to accompany the group, helping bring learning to life.
The youngsters were clearly both thrilled and inspired, a fabulous start to a new course of learning! Thank you MBDA.
- 1 Body found in wooded area of Stevenage
- 2 Residents show 'strong support' for TK Maxx relocation plans
- 3 Man allegedly assaulted and robbed woman in Stevenage park
- 4 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 'My mum was eligible for Covid-19 drugs - so why didn't she get them?'
- 7 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 8 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 9 A-level results 2022: When is results day and what can I expect?
- 10 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
Stevenage 14-19 Partnership