School visit was superb
SIR - Last Friday some 42 young people aged 14 and 15 years from schools throughout Stevenage and North Herts who are due to start the new Diploma in Engineering in September were given the opportunity to spend the day at the National Youth Day, Farnborou
SIR - Last Friday some 42 young people aged 14 and 15 years from schools throughout Stevenage and North Herts who are due to start the new Diploma in Engineering in September were given the opportunity to spend the day at the National Youth Day, Farnborough.
In addition to touring the static exhibitions staged by aircraft-related companies from all over the world, the youngsters spent time engaged in practical challenges organised by major UK engineering companies, reinforcing the applied aspect of the Diploma. Finally, and most spectacularly, they were able to view the famous Farnborough Air Show featuring aircraft including Spitfires, a Vulcan, the new Eurofighter and the latest version of the A380 Airbus. The crowning glory was, of course, the RAF Red Arrow display.
All this was made possible thanks to the generosity of local engineering company MBDA and I would like to say thank you. Not only did they pay for the entrance tickets, lunch and coach travel, but, allowed 12 of their personnel to accompany the group, helping bring learning to life.
The youngsters were clearly both thrilled and inspired, a fabulous start to a new course of learning! Thank you MBDA.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 5 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 6 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Stevenage 14-19 Partnership