SIR - Last Saturday, the Rotary Club of Hitchin Tilehouse had a Lend a Hand Day . Thirty of their volunteers spent the day helping people, within the local community with jobs they didn t have the physical ability to do. Typical tasks they carried out we
SIR - Last Saturday, the Rotary Club of Hitchin Tilehouse had a 'Lend a Hand Day'. Thirty of their volunteers spent the day helping people, within the local community with jobs they didn't have the physical ability to do. Typical tasks they carried out were spring cleaning, gardening, disposal of junk and minor repairs.
As someone who is involved with supporting senior citizens in the Hitchin area, I have seen the results of their hard work on that day and heard the appreciative comments from grateful recipients.
Thank you to the Rotarians on behalf of the elderly and vulnerable who do not have the ability to write themselves. Many appreciated your help, kindness and the respectful way you went about the jobs you did.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?