SIR - Last Saturday, the Rotary Club of Hitchin Tilehouse had a Lend a Hand Day . Thirty of their volunteers spent the day helping people, within the local community with jobs they didn t have the physical ability to do. Typical tasks they carried out we
SIR - Last Saturday, the Rotary Club of Hitchin Tilehouse had a 'Lend a Hand Day'. Thirty of their volunteers spent the day helping people, within the local community with jobs they didn't have the physical ability to do. Typical tasks they carried out were spring cleaning, gardening, disposal of junk and minor repairs.
As someone who is involved with supporting senior citizens in the Hitchin area, I have seen the results of their hard work on that day and heard the appreciative comments from grateful recipients.
Thank you to the Rotarians on behalf of the elderly and vulnerable who do not have the ability to write themselves. Many appreciated your help, kindness and the respectful way you went about the jobs you did.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 4 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 8 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 9 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony