Right to ride
SIR – My name is Nicole Cowell, I am 10 years old and have a brother called James who is seven. Like our dad we both like motorbikes and we have our own off-road bikes that we ride. We have heard about a plan to have a new track in Langford. We think that
SIR - My name is Nicole Cowell, I am 10 years old and have a brother called James who is seven.
Like our dad we both like motorbikes and we have our own off-road bikes that we ride.
We have heard about a plan to have a new track in Langford. We think that this would be great as the only other place we can ride without getting into trouble or upsetting people is near Berkhamsted. This takes ages to get to each time and means we do not get to use our bikes very often.
There are other tracks but they are too difficult for us to ride and full of much older people who race all the time.
You may also want to watch:
We know there are more people who want this too as we have met some of them when we have been a bit naughty and ridden on old parts of waste land. We do not like doing this as we know it makes people cross and call the police who may take away our bikes.
We have all the safety clothing and helmets when we ride and just want somewhere safe that we can learn and have fun with other children of our age.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 4 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 Elianna's leukaemia battle inspires family fun day
- 7 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 8 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 9 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 10 Man wanted for possession of offensive weapon
My dad says that the local people do not want us to get the track in Langford as they do not want us riding near their houses. If the track is organised properly like the one we go to at Berkhamsted then we won't be causing any trouble.
Please, please, please can someone help us get our track.
NICOLE and JAMES COWELL