Right to ride
SIR – My name is Nicole Cowell, I am 10 years old and have a brother called James who is seven. Like our dad we both like motorbikes and we have our own off-road bikes that we ride. We have heard about a plan to have a new track in Langford. We think that
SIR - My name is Nicole Cowell, I am 10 years old and have a brother called James who is seven.
Like our dad we both like motorbikes and we have our own off-road bikes that we ride.
We have heard about a plan to have a new track in Langford. We think that this would be great as the only other place we can ride without getting into trouble or upsetting people is near Berkhamsted. This takes ages to get to each time and means we do not get to use our bikes very often.
There are other tracks but they are too difficult for us to ride and full of much older people who race all the time.
You may also want to watch:
We know there are more people who want this too as we have met some of them when we have been a bit naughty and ridden on old parts of waste land. We do not like doing this as we know it makes people cross and call the police who may take away our bikes.
We have all the safety clothing and helmets when we ride and just want somewhere safe that we can learn and have fun with other children of our age.
- 1 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 10 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
My dad says that the local people do not want us to get the track in Langford as they do not want us riding near their houses. If the track is organised properly like the one we go to at Berkhamsted then we won't be causing any trouble.
Please, please, please can someone help us get our track.
NICOLE and JAMES COWELL