Right to play
I understand there is an initiative in the local council to close several changing facilities on local playing fields, thereby depriving youngsters of vital facilities over weekends and at times during the week. In a time when it is widely accepted there
I understand there is an initiative in the local council to close several changing facilities on local playing fields, thereby depriving youngsters of vital facilities over weekends and at times during the week.
In a time when it is widely accepted there are insufficient facilities provided for our youth, this is yet another example of a short-sighted, misguided and out of touch attempt to save a relatively small amount of money in the short term. Or is it short term? In a climate of annual cut backs in services provided accompanied by increases in council tax once removed from the budget what are the chances of it being reinstated. I leave this for your readers to decide.
If you see an increase in the numbers of youths roaming your area as they have been further denied the opportunity to spend their time more productively, make sure you know the names of the councillors responsible.
Come the next election make sure they have plenty of time on their hands to contemplate the errors of their ways by depriving them of their pleasure, just as the are quite prepared to deprive the youth of our community.
You may also want to watch:
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED
- 1 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 2 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 5 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 6 Letchworth hub will get to the 'heart of community'
- 7 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 8 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 9 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 10 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre