Right to play
I understand there is an initiative in the local council to close several changing facilities on local playing fields, thereby depriving youngsters of vital facilities over weekends and at times during the week. In a time when it is widely accepted there
I understand there is an initiative in the local council to close several changing facilities on local playing fields, thereby depriving youngsters of vital facilities over weekends and at times during the week.
In a time when it is widely accepted there are insufficient facilities provided for our youth, this is yet another example of a short-sighted, misguided and out of touch attempt to save a relatively small amount of money in the short term. Or is it short term? In a climate of annual cut backs in services provided accompanied by increases in council tax once removed from the budget what are the chances of it being reinstated. I leave this for your readers to decide.
If you see an increase in the numbers of youths roaming your area as they have been further denied the opportunity to spend their time more productively, make sure you know the names of the councillors responsible.
Come the next election make sure they have plenty of time on their hands to contemplate the errors of their ways by depriving them of their pleasure, just as the are quite prepared to deprive the youth of our community.
You may also want to watch:
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation