SIR – A few weeks ago it was leaked to The Comet that First Capital Connect are planning to make substantial changes to the railway table in December which will seriously affect services between Letchworth and Kings Cross. I was pleased to see a letter in
SIR - A few weeks ago it was leaked to The Comet that First Capital Connect are planning to make substantial changes to the railway table in December which will seriously affect services between Letchworth and Kings Cross. I was pleased to see a letter in last weeks Comet from Elaine Holt, the managing director of First Capital Connect, replying to my earlier letter suggesting that the changes will be an improvement. I am writing to update readers on what has happened since then.
The good news is that I have been in contact with them over the timetable changes. I am pleased to announce the foundation of a Letchworth Rail Users Group. First Capital Connect are willing to come and see us as a rail users group and discuss how these changes will affect both peak and off-peak services. Obviously this will affect both regular and casual users of the railways, but its impact could affect everyone as it will have a bearing on the economic wellbeing of the town. Membership of the group is open to all rail users in the town.
We are in the processing of planning our first meeting of the new Letchworth Rail Users Group and First Capital Connect have agreed to attend. I hope to let readers know the date and location. Anyone who wishes to contact me in the meantime and join the group can email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
That's the good news, as for the bad news, I remain very concerned and fear the worse, but lets wait and see what they tell us at the meeting.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 5 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 6 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images