SIR – A few weeks ago it was leaked to The Comet that First Capital Connect are planning to make substantial changes to the railway table in December which will seriously affect services between Letchworth and Kings Cross. I was pleased to see a letter in
SIR - A few weeks ago it was leaked to The Comet that First Capital Connect are planning to make substantial changes to the railway table in December which will seriously affect services between Letchworth and Kings Cross. I was pleased to see a letter in last weeks Comet from Elaine Holt, the managing director of First Capital Connect, replying to my earlier letter suggesting that the changes will be an improvement. I am writing to update readers on what has happened since then.
The good news is that I have been in contact with them over the timetable changes. I am pleased to announce the foundation of a Letchworth Rail Users Group. First Capital Connect are willing to come and see us as a rail users group and discuss how these changes will affect both peak and off-peak services. Obviously this will affect both regular and casual users of the railways, but its impact could affect everyone as it will have a bearing on the economic wellbeing of the town. Membership of the group is open to all rail users in the town.
We are in the processing of planning our first meeting of the new Letchworth Rail Users Group and First Capital Connect have agreed to attend. I hope to let readers know the date and location. Anyone who wishes to contact me in the meantime and join the group can email me on email@example.com.
That's the good news, as for the bad news, I remain very concerned and fear the worse, but lets wait and see what they tell us at the meeting.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 4 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 5 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 6 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 7 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 8 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 9 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 10 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful