Question of faith
I read what Mohammed Alamhas had to the say in The Comet last week. Especially about this faith, it is therefore a great pity that the Muslims around the world do not follow prophets. Whilst you have Kurds, Sunni, Shia in Iraq killing each other, the Tam
I read what Mohammed Alamhas had to the say in The Comet last week.
Especially about this faith, it is therefore a great pity that the Muslims around the world do not follow prophets.
Whilst you have Kurds, Sunni, Shia in Iraq killing each other, the Tamil in Sri Lanka, etc and you have Al Quaeda killing all and sundry, what Mr Alamhas failed to mention was the cartoon that appears regularly in Muslim newspapers around the world, against Christians, Jews and Hindus.
If the Muslims want to be taken seriously, and stop playing the race card, then admit their religious following has the same pitfalls as do all other religions.
You may also want to watch:
Let us remember Christianity was preached before Islam, so was Buddism.
We all worship our own God, not because we have seen them, but because we were taught through time.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
J VICTOR, Stevenage
* Hannah's naïvety is just astounding (Last Word February 9). We are now all forced to pay taxes to protect targeted individuals, and to protect the population at large: and this is only because fanatics have decided that the world belongs to them, and that people like Hannah are soft and deserve no respect nor indeed life, as well as never reaching heaven.
The Muslim prohibition is against depiction of all humans and animals, and most say plants too. So Hannah would see the banning of virtually all TV, newspapers and magazines. Will she go further and endorse forced marriage, forced circumcision, and stoning of females? And slaughter of all non-Muslims? Just wait until she finds out what else other religions decree!
Why is she so extremely anti-British and anti-Christian?
By the way, the cartoons seem to me to be lampooning terrorists who say everything they do is supported by Allah - and that cuts to the core of the problem.
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED