Question of faith
I read what Mohammed Alamhas had to the say in The Comet last week. Especially about this faith, it is therefore a great pity that the Muslims around the world do not follow prophets. Whilst you have Kurds, Sunni, Shia in Iraq killing each other, the Tam
I read what Mohammed Alamhas had to the say in The Comet last week.
Especially about this faith, it is therefore a great pity that the Muslims around the world do not follow prophets.
Whilst you have Kurds, Sunni, Shia in Iraq killing each other, the Tamil in Sri Lanka, etc and you have Al Quaeda killing all and sundry, what Mr Alamhas failed to mention was the cartoon that appears regularly in Muslim newspapers around the world, against Christians, Jews and Hindus.
If the Muslims want to be taken seriously, and stop playing the race card, then admit their religious following has the same pitfalls as do all other religions.
You may also want to watch:
Let us remember Christianity was preached before Islam, so was Buddism.
We all worship our own God, not because we have seen them, but because we were taught through time.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy
J VICTOR, Stevenage
* Hannah's naïvety is just astounding (Last Word February 9). We are now all forced to pay taxes to protect targeted individuals, and to protect the population at large: and this is only because fanatics have decided that the world belongs to them, and that people like Hannah are soft and deserve no respect nor indeed life, as well as never reaching heaven.
The Muslim prohibition is against depiction of all humans and animals, and most say plants too. So Hannah would see the banning of virtually all TV, newspapers and magazines. Will she go further and endorse forced marriage, forced circumcision, and stoning of females? And slaughter of all non-Muslims? Just wait until she finds out what else other religions decree!
Why is she so extremely anti-British and anti-Christian?
By the way, the cartoons seem to me to be lampooning terrorists who say everything they do is supported by Allah - and that cuts to the core of the problem.
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED