Public backing our street life
We at David s Bookshop have been overwhelmed by the public support and response on the issue of charges for the use of the pavement. People are keen to enjoy street life and to see things happening in the town and join in. Other towns are successfully dev
We at David's Bookshop have been overwhelmed by the public support and response on the issue of charges for the use of the pavement. People are keen to enjoy street life and to see things happening in the town and join in.
Other towns are successfully developing street life to the benefit of everybody in the town. Letchworth town centre has wide pavements and plenty of open spaces. Can you imagine the Garden City making greater use of Broadway Gardens with music, sport, dance and other community events; refreshments in the summer and also at the paddling pool, attractive street cafes, a board games area, a bigger farmers and gourmet market and more regular displays in the square near Smiths for local clubs, charities and businesses?
Shopping malls and out of town centres cannot provide the street life and sense of community.
In Letchworth we can.
You may also want to watch:
WILLIAM ARMITAGE, David's Bookshops
- 1 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory