Public backing our street life
We at David s Bookshop have been overwhelmed by the public support and response on the issue of charges for the use of the pavement. People are keen to enjoy street life and to see things happening in the town and join in. Other towns are successfully dev
We at David's Bookshop have been overwhelmed by the public support and response on the issue of charges for the use of the pavement. People are keen to enjoy street life and to see things happening in the town and join in.
Other towns are successfully developing street life to the benefit of everybody in the town. Letchworth town centre has wide pavements and plenty of open spaces. Can you imagine the Garden City making greater use of Broadway Gardens with music, sport, dance and other community events; refreshments in the summer and also at the paddling pool, attractive street cafes, a board games area, a bigger farmers and gourmet market and more regular displays in the square near Smiths for local clubs, charities and businesses?
Shopping malls and out of town centres cannot provide the street life and sense of community.
In Letchworth we can.
You may also want to watch:
WILLIAM ARMITAGE, David's Bookshops
- 1 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Guns and drugs arrest man in court over bail breach