Proud of our homes
We would like to say how much we appreciate all the excellent letters, especially from our Residents Association secretary Jean Fish, that have been sent out supporting our fight to save our bungalows. We are two of the several original residents that hav
We would like to say how much we appreciate all the excellent letters, especially from our Residents Association secretary Jean Fish, that have been sent out supporting our fight to save our bungalows.
We are two of the several original residents that have enjoyed 55 years or more living on the Hawksley Estate, which was, up to two or three years ago, a reasonably peaceful and happy area. That was before NHH took over.
Our bungalows are still in a very good condition, which NHH will not accept, although their survey and our committee's survey have shown they are still structurally sound, and are certainly not dilapidated, as stated in a radio interview recently.
We wonder if other Wilbury residents in the area have given any thought to what it would be like if NHH go ahead and redevelop our estate. It would obviously be a major upheaval locally and the traffic problems alone would be horrendous. Finally, if whoever wrote the letter Bring in the Bulldozers (The Comet - March 30) dares to crawl out of the woodwork, we would very much like to show him/her round our home. They will see for themselves why we love living here and have no intention whatsoever of moving out!
You may also want to watch:
We could hopefully teach them a little bit about tact and good manners.
MR and MRS C R GARROD, Campfield Way, Letchworth Garden City
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising