Revealed: Hertfordshire's most popular postcodes
- Credit: Archant
Hertfordshire's most popular postcodes have been revealed – and Watford has come out on top.
Purplebricks based its rankings on the number of viewings seen on its website during March, with three WD postcodes and two ALs making up the top five.
We found out why they're so popular...
Garston, Leavesden, Aldenham, Letchmore Heath
With the M1 running through the centre of the postcode and popular attractions such as Leavesden's Warner Bros. Studio Tour and Garston's Vue cinema, WD25 is packed with selling points.
There's another side to the postcode in the form of sleepy Aldenham and little Letchmore Heath, which balance out the buzz with their sleepy, affluent village vibe.
Rightmove recorded an average sale price in WD25 over the last year of £450,917.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 2 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 5 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 6 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 7 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 8 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
West Watford, Holywell
Taking in the southern tip of Cassiobury Park, Watford tube station and Watford General Hospital, the WD18 postcode covers off several of the town's major landmarks.
According to Rightmove, the average sale price in the postcode over the last year was a relatively affordable £363,822, with terraced houses making up the majority of the transactions.
St Albans, Wheathampstead, Sandridge, Colney Heath, Tyttenhanger, Gustard Wood
The St Albans part of the postcode is packed with outstanding schools, including Sandringham and Beaumont, while fabulous green spaces include Heartwood Forest and Nomansland Common.
The average sale price over the last year was £630,566.
Oxhey, South Oxhey, Carpenders Park
Immediately south of WD18 is WD19, which includes the desirable Oxhey village. With an average price over the last year of £466,274, it's more expensive than its neighbour.
Bushey and Carpenders Park tube stations are within the postcode, as is Oxhey Activity Park, with its skate park, cafe and play area.
Welwyn Garden City
AL7 covers the eastern half of Welwyn Garden City, including Panshanger, Peartree and the George V playing fields.
According to Rightmove, the area had an average sale price of £362,888 over the last year – noticeably more affordable than the other half of town, AL8, which recorded a more premium price of £525,328.