Regarding Bob Bryant s article on the proposed new centralised medical record services for the East and North Herts NHS Trust. We the staff are still totally in the dark and this was typical management speak – a load of bull… Of course, we are concerned a
Regarding Bob Bryant's article on the proposed new centralised medical record services for the East and North Herts NHS Trust. We the staff are still totally in the dark and this was typical management speak - a load of bull...
Of course, we are concerned about the loss of our jobs, but primarily our concern is for patient needs, patient welfare and patient care. Why is profit being put before patients?
Presently when a patient is rushed into A&E or admitted into a ward at the Lister Hospital seriously ill and needing immediate medical treatment, the medical cards are requested, located and usually with the doctors and nurses within minutes. This results in the patient receiving the proper treatment at once.
In the same scenario, after April 2006, the medical records will have to be requested from Welwyn. When found they will then have to be sent to the Lister. With luck and no hold ups on the A1, this may be within the hour or it may be the next day. Hopefully, this will not be too late for that particular patient.
You may also want to watch:
NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 6 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 7 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 8 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 9 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 10 I love it when a plan comes together: Alex Revell happy with Stevenage's resurgence