Regarding Bob Bryant s article on the proposed new centralised medical record services for the East and North Herts NHS Trust. We the staff are still totally in the dark and this was typical management speak – a load of bull… Of course, we are concerned a
Regarding Bob Bryant's article on the proposed new centralised medical record services for the East and North Herts NHS Trust. We the staff are still totally in the dark and this was typical management speak - a load of bull...
Of course, we are concerned about the loss of our jobs, but primarily our concern is for patient needs, patient welfare and patient care. Why is profit being put before patients?
Presently when a patient is rushed into A&E or admitted into a ward at the Lister Hospital seriously ill and needing immediate medical treatment, the medical cards are requested, located and usually with the doctors and nurses within minutes. This results in the patient receiving the proper treatment at once.
In the same scenario, after April 2006, the medical records will have to be requested from Welwyn. When found they will then have to be sent to the Lister. With luck and no hold ups on the A1, this may be within the hour or it may be the next day. Hopefully, this will not be too late for that particular patient.
NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD
- 1 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 2 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 3 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 9 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 10 Our Bedfordshire villages: 'Rural reporting has been my greatest pleasure'