Pride in Baldock
Baldock bashing seems to be high on people s agenda in the last few issues. Personally I count my blessings for living in such a nice place and those that do not like it should leave, but believe me you will quickly join the long waiting list of people wa
Baldock bashing seems to be high on people's agenda in the last few issues.
Personally I count my blessings for living in such a nice place and those that do not like it should leave, but believe me you will quickly join the long waiting list of people wanting to come back.
It is true the parking in the High Street is awful but this, I am sure, will be resolved soon. To blame the bypass or Tesco for the demise of the handful of shops is ridiculous, very few shops I can remember in the past 15 years have ever been successful.
Baldock simply is not a shoppers' town, however it is a great place for dining and anyone who strolls along the High Street on a nice evening will see most of our varied restaurants and pubs. What we really need are places such as Cafe Rouge and Costa Coffee as this is where people are spending their time and money these days.
You may also want to watch:
Baldock is on the edge of the A1, has a rail link straight into London and two good airports close by, why not encourage people to stay here and capitalise on what we have?
T BIRD, South Road, Baldock
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'