Pride in Baldock
Baldock bashing seems to be high on people s agenda in the last few issues. Personally I count my blessings for living in such a nice place and those that do not like it should leave, but believe me you will quickly join the long waiting list of people wa
Baldock bashing seems to be high on people's agenda in the last few issues.
Personally I count my blessings for living in such a nice place and those that do not like it should leave, but believe me you will quickly join the long waiting list of people wanting to come back.
It is true the parking in the High Street is awful but this, I am sure, will be resolved soon. To blame the bypass or Tesco for the demise of the handful of shops is ridiculous, very few shops I can remember in the past 15 years have ever been successful.
Baldock simply is not a shoppers' town, however it is a great place for dining and anyone who strolls along the High Street on a nice evening will see most of our varied restaurants and pubs. What we really need are places such as Cafe Rouge and Costa Coffee as this is where people are spending their time and money these days.
You may also want to watch:
Baldock is on the edge of the A1, has a rail link straight into London and two good airports close by, why not encourage people to stay here and capitalise on what we have?
T BIRD, South Road, Baldock
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie