Praise for our lifesavers
I felt it was time to remind your readers what a marvellous service we have with the NHS. Sometimes this service takes many knocks and moans and people forget the wonderful service they give to us all. Last Friday my husband had a very bad heart attack an
I felt it was time to remind your readers what a marvellous service we have with the NHS. Sometimes this service takes many knocks and moans and people forget the wonderful service they give to us all.
Last Friday my husband had a very bad heart attack and the response by the two paramedics and the rapid response lady to our home was indeed very rapid and they quietly and very efficiently got on with the job of trying to get my hubby stable before setting off with blue lights to the Lister Hospital.
The rapid response lady, who works as a volunteer, calmly sorted me out at home before she left for the next patient. Once upon arrival at the A and E the team there was absolutely marvellous with us both and again calmly and very efficiently dealt with us both.
Fortunately he is now on the way to recovery and being very well looked after in the coronary care ward. I believe that these people who go about their daily jobs of saving life really deserve a medal and they very hardly get a mention, so from the bottom of my heart, a very grateful thanks, it is so much appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
MAGGI BULLEN, Grovelands Avenue, Hitchin
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 3 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation