Praise for our lifesavers
I felt it was time to remind your readers what a marvellous service we have with the NHS. Sometimes this service takes many knocks and moans and people forget the wonderful service they give to us all. Last Friday my husband had a very bad heart attack an
I felt it was time to remind your readers what a marvellous service we have with the NHS. Sometimes this service takes many knocks and moans and people forget the wonderful service they give to us all.
Last Friday my husband had a very bad heart attack and the response by the two paramedics and the rapid response lady to our home was indeed very rapid and they quietly and very efficiently got on with the job of trying to get my hubby stable before setting off with blue lights to the Lister Hospital.
The rapid response lady, who works as a volunteer, calmly sorted me out at home before she left for the next patient. Once upon arrival at the A and E the team there was absolutely marvellous with us both and again calmly and very efficiently dealt with us both.
Fortunately he is now on the way to recovery and being very well looked after in the coronary care ward. I believe that these people who go about their daily jobs of saving life really deserve a medal and they very hardly get a mention, so from the bottom of my heart, a very grateful thanks, it is so much appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
MAGGI BULLEN, Grovelands Avenue, Hitchin
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 3 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 4 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 5 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
- 6 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 7 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 8 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 9 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 10 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth