SIR – The Poppy Appeal commenced on October 28. I am writing to bring the Appeal to the notice of Hertfordshire residents and to ask them to support this very worthwhile cause. For 80 years the Royal British Legion s mission has been to help members of th
SIR - The Poppy Appeal commenced on October 28. I am writing to bring the Appeal to the notice of Hertfordshire residents and to ask them to support this very worthwhile cause.
For 80 years the Royal British Legion's mission has been to help members of the serving and ex-service community whilst safeguarding the welfare, interests and memory of those who have served their county.
Of 10.5 million ex-service personnel, there are up to 630,000 in need of support. The Poppy Appeal will be used to fund Poppy Support, the Legion's welfare programme. Each year demands on the funds increase and I hope that your readers will remember the sacrifices that our service personnel have made on their behalf.
You may also want to watch:
Hertfordshire County Council
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy