SIR – The Poppy Appeal commenced on October 28. I am writing to bring the Appeal to the notice of Hertfordshire residents and to ask them to support this very worthwhile cause. For 80 years the Royal British Legion s mission has been to help members of th
SIR - The Poppy Appeal commenced on October 28. I am writing to bring the Appeal to the notice of Hertfordshire residents and to ask them to support this very worthwhile cause.
For 80 years the Royal British Legion's mission has been to help members of the serving and ex-service community whilst safeguarding the welfare, interests and memory of those who have served their county.
Of 10.5 million ex-service personnel, there are up to 630,000 in need of support. The Poppy Appeal will be used to fund Poppy Support, the Legion's welfare programme. Each year demands on the funds increase and I hope that your readers will remember the sacrifices that our service personnel have made on their behalf.
You may also want to watch:
Hertfordshire County Council
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema